The following tools and resources are to help organizers manage the registration for sanctioned events. The event organizer is responsible for making sure all rosters, waivers, and payments are collected BEFORE teams/players are allowed to play. Organizers and participants should contact firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.
- The primary organizer is the administrator and has access to view the online rosters. Contact email@example.com to add additional administrators
- To view rosters for your event login to your USAU account and select your event on your main account page
- Through the online rostering system organizers can view the status of each team and player including information such as:
- membership status
- waiver status
- general team messages (i.e. missing chaperone).
- Select the "Check Players" button to refresh the view and check for updates.
- Select the "Generate Report" button to view a complete report including all teams.
- If a team enters two rosters by mistake, have them remove the players from the team they would like to delete and notify USAU at firstname.lastname@example.org. Only USAU staff can delete rosters.
- The "Submit" step is not required for sanctioned events, you can ignore that status for rosters (unsubmitted/submitted/needs resubmitting).
|Submitting Event Materials to USAU
Final event materials must be mailed to USAU HQ within 5 days of the conclusion of your event (leagues have requirements for materials at the beginning of events as well). Materials should be well organized (sorted by team is preferred for tournaments), with all payments clearly labeled. Checks should be made out to USA Ultimate. Do not send cash. Send via priority mail or comparable. Materials should be sent to the following address:
USA Ultimate, Attn: Event Sanctioning, 4730 Table Mesa Dr., Ste I-200C, Boulder, CO 80305
|Tips for Tournament Registration
- Start communicating about registration EARLY, EARLY, EARLY. Do not wait until your deadline. The more time people have to take care of registration requirements, the better.
- ONLINE is BEST. Some events are permitted to submit typed rosters and collect materials and roster additions at the event. However, the more you take care of ONLINE BEFORE the event, the smoother things will flow the day of the event.
- Communicate the chaperone requirement if minors are allowed at the event. Chaperone background checks can take several business days to process. This process needs to be started EARLY. Minors will NOT be permitted to participate without an approved chaperone.
- Share the link for Team & Player registration with the teams and be sure to communicate your specific event type. You can track registration online by logging in to your account.
- For events where the excel roster form is accepted (Recreational), encourage teams to email the roster in before the event. If they do opt to bring it to the event, the roster needs to be typed (handwritten rosters are not allowed).
- Send regular registration reminders to teams that have not started their rosters!
|Tips for League Registration
- Rosters: All participants must be listed on a roster for the league (including pickup players). Initial rosters must be received within one week after the event start date. There are three ways that league rosters can be submitted. Please note that handwritten rosters are no longer accepted for leagues
- Online Rosters: Rosters can be entered in the USA Ultimate Online Rostering System (this requires names and ID#s for players). To create online rosters, login to your USA Ultimate account and click "online rostering" from the account homepage. Then click "create an event roster" and follow the prompts to get to the list of sanctioned events.
- Emailing an Excel File: An excel file listing all players can be emailed to email@example.com. The file must contain the following for all players; name, USAU ID# (if known), phone, address, email, birthday, gender. The USA Ultimate Sanctioned Event Roster Form can be used (please type in information) and email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Waivers: All participants must sign a waiver before they are allowed to play. Waivers must be received by USAU HQ within 2 weeks after the event start. All players can complete a waiver online by logging in to their account (payment not required to create an account). Organizers may request an email be sent to all players who do not have a waiver on file by USAU (must have submitted rosters for this email to be sent). Alternatively, you can collect a paper version of the waiver and mail that to USAU HQ.
- Fees: All participants must have a current USAU membership or pay the event fee, $12 for adults, $7 for youth. Payment must be received within two weeks after the event start. The event fee cannot be paid online, send a check to USAU HQ, or you can request an invoice payable with a credit card (there is an admin. fee associated with this).
You may also combine these methods (i.e. using the online rostering system for returning players and an excel file for new players). Once the roster is received by USAU HQ, it will be entered in the online rostering system and the primary event manager/organizer will be able to view the roster(s) by logging in to their account. The online rostering system will show the membership and waiver status for each player (see Organizer View of Online Rostering System above).