|Registration for Sanctioned Events - Overview
Below are the requirements for registration in a sanctioned event.
All forms, fees and materials must be submitted before teams/players begin play.
Players or teams that fail to register with USAU will not be covered by USAU's insurance policy, place the event at risk of losing sanctioning privileges and place the team/players at risk of not being able to participate in future USAU events.
- ROSTER: Submit a complete team roster
- WAIVER: Signed waiver of liability from each participant
- MEMBERSHIP: All players must be a current annual USAU member or purchase an event membership.
- YOUTH FORMS: Each youth player must complete a Medical Authorization form and turn it in to their chaperone.
- CHAPERONE: Each team with a youth player must have a USAU cleared chaperone listed on the team roster.
REGISTRATION INFORMATION AND FORMS
|Team & Player Registration Forms
|Membership & Waiver Form
||Required for each member- once per calendar year (can be completed online by player in their USAU account)
||Required for teams with youth participants- must list chaperone on online roster
|Medical Authorization Form
||Required for each youth participant- should be given to the team chaperone
All teams must submit an event roster for each sanctioned event they attend. ALL PLAYERS MUST BE ON A ROSTER BEFORE THEY ARE ALLOWED TO PLAY. Players or teams that fail to register with USAU will not be covered by USAU's insurance policy, place the event at risk of losing sanctioning privileges and place the team/players at risk of not being able to participate in future USAU events.
Team organizers for Competitive events (including all Club and College Regular Season events) are required to submit a roster online. It is recommended and preferred that team organizers for all events use the online rostering system, however, excel rosters are accepted for Recreational events. Use the guide below for help creating an event roster.
- Online Rostering Help Guide
- You can add players who are missing a waiver or membership, but they will need to take care of those missing items before the event begins.
- If any players on the team are under 18, a cleared chaperone must be added to the event roster.
Rosters for some events can be submitted using the electronic excel version of the USA Ultimate Sanctioned Event Roster- this roster can be used for recreational events and can be used to submit roster additions at the event for competitive classic events. Competitive Premier, Club Regular Season, and all College Regular Season events require entering complete rosters in the online rostering system.
Complete the excel roster form and either email it to USA Ultimate at email@example.com (must be received at least 3 days before event) or turn it in to the event organizer at the event.
|Additional Requirements for Youth
Submit a waiver of liability that has been signed by a parent or guardian
Complete a medical authorization form that has been signed by a parent or guardian and submitted to the appropriate chaperone. These forms should be kept on site throughout the event. They are not submitted to USA Ultimate for sanctioned events.
An adult (21 or older) that will be responsible for a youth player/s must be designated as the chaperone and must complete a background check for USAU (see: Chaperones).
Participants who are not annual members of USA Ultimate can pay for an event membership (unless the event requirements require full membership). Event memberships have limited membership benefits. Fees are $7.25 for youth players and $12.25 for adults. These players can still create a USAU account online and they can complete the waiver via their online account. To pay the event membership online, the player must be listed on the event roster (the player can then pay the fee in their account, or the team manager can pay for players on the team). If paying by check, please be sure that the check arrives prior to the event.
Events hosted by USA Ultimate Affiliates require full annual USA Ultimate membership, or USA Ultimate Affiliate membership (event members is not available for affiliate events).
|Club Regular Season Rostering
Read the 2013 Club Season and Series Guidelines
STEP 1: Create a Championship Series roster (must do this first!)
• Login to your account and click "online rostering" from your account homepage (little green box near the bottom of the page).
• Click the link "Create a roster for an event (Sanctioned, Insured, or Championships)"
• Follow the prompts, selecting Championship Series Event and then adjusting the drop downs to match your sectional event (Pro and Elite teams should create rosters in their sectional event).
• Once you have selected your sectional event, enter your team info, then add your players using their names and USAU ID#s. Click "import other roster" if you were the team organizer last season and you can pull over any returning players.
STEP 2: Registering for a sanctioned event as a Club Regular Season team (must have a Championship Series roster started first- see above):
• Login to your account and click "online rostering" from your account homepage (again, little green box).
• Click the link "Register as a Club Regular Season team for a Sanctioned event"
• Select the event you are attending from the list of club regular season sanctioned events.
• Follow the prompts and select your team’s series roster. The roster will be automatically imported the Wednesday (at 5pm MT) before the event starts. YOUR SERIES ROSTER MUST INCLUDE EVERYONE WHO WILL BE PLAYING AT THAT SANCTIONED EVENT WHEN THE ROSTER IS IMPORTED, however it is okay for your series roster to include additional players who are not participating in that event.
1) How do I know if I correctly registered my team as a club regular season team for the sanctioned event I am going to? -When you are looking at your series roster, there will be a list of club regular season tournaments that your team is registered for just above the list of players.
2) Do all the players on my series roster need to be current members? -Yes, full membership is required for all players on club regular season teams (event membership is not available for club regular season teams).
3) I have players on my series roster who are not attending the sanctioned event I am registering for, do I remove them? -No, you should leave players on your series roster who are not attending a sanctioned event if they will be playing the series with you (once removed, only HQ can add them back).
|Registration Timing and Deadlines
||An online event roster must be started at least 48 hours before the event with a chaperone listed (if applicable), players can be added until the event starts, either online or using the excel roster form (unless the event is part of the college or club regular season).
||An online event roster must be started at least 5 days before the event with a chaperone listed (if applicable), final rosters are due online 48 hours before the event.
|Club and College Regular Season
||Event rosters must be started in the online rostering system 5 days before event. Final rosters must be complete by 5pm MT, 3 business days prior to the event. Teams failing to meet the final roster requirement will not be eligible to have results counted towards the club or college regular season.
||Rosters can be created online prior to the event or turned in before play starts at the event.