Home | League Sanctioning | Tournament Sanctioning | Insurance Program
|League and Tournament Sanctioning
The goal of the USA Ultimate sanctioning program is to encourage and support the growth of Ultimate at all levels by assisting event organizers in providing their local community with opportunities to participate and learn about the sport through high quality, well organized events. Tournaments and Leagues that are sanctioned by USA Ultimate receive legitimacy through their association with the national governing body, insurance coverage, access to resources and materials and much more.
USAU League Sanctioning Program
USAU Tournament Sanctioning Program
The USA Ultimate Insurance Program is a way for members of USA Ultimate to obtain insurance coverage for team practices, pick-up, camps, and skills clinics.
Review information about the USAU general liability insurance policy. Here you can also find insurance-related documents such as claim forms, contacts and more.
|Event Registration for Participants
Find forms for Team and Participant Registration if you are attending a USA Ultimate sanctioned or insured event.
|Who can apply for USAU sanctioning or insurance?
USA Ultimate is devoted entirely to the sport of Ultimate as defined by USA Ultimate and the current edition of the rules. As a membership based organization, USA Ultimate only endorses and affiliates with events that support our definition of Ultimate and our mission statement. USA Ultimate will be progressively increasing the minimum standards which events will be required to meet to receive sanctioning approval. USA Ultimate will not sanction an event if it believes that the event or event organizer is not aligned with the best interests of the sport, USA Ultimate programs, or the mission and policies of USA Ultimate.
Events must meet the following criteria:
- Each application for sanctioning/insurance must only include a single "event" (an "event" is defined as the occurrence of a single Ultimate activity or program which runs continuously for a specified amount of time and has a single registration process).
- Any single event may not exceed 6 months in duration.
- Features Ultimate played as a: "Player defined and controlled non-contact team sport played with a flying disc on a playing surface with end zones in which all actions are governed by the Spirit of the Game."
- All players, teams, games and divisions present must be included as part of the sanctioned event and all must be registered with USAU. The exception is if you are providing your own insurance (special rules apply).
- USA Ultimate sanctions (and insures) events, not teams. Therefore, everyone at a sanctioned event must be registered. Players/teams cannot opt out of registering if they are participating in a sanctioned event.
- Events may not be sanctioned across two calendar years (i.e. Nov.-Feb.) with the exception of winter leagues which may have a December start date. To sanction for the following year, applicants will need to reapply.
- USA Ultimate insurance provides coverage for Ultimate-related activities only. Insurance does not cover non-Ultimate activities such as socials, parties, showers, non-Ultimate games, driving, alcohol, food, etc.
Discraft is an official sponsor of the USA Ultimate event sanctioning program. All discs provided through this program are Discraft 175g Ultrastars. More information on discounted discs and other merchandise available through the sanctioning program can be found here