USA Ultimate Weekly (October 31, 2016)
Posted: October 31, 2016 04:17 PM
Welcome to USA Ultimate Weekly, where we'll provide you with brief, weekly updates on happenings at USA Ultimate!
October 31, 2016:
• Voting for the 2017 USA Ultimate Board of Directors opens tonight. One At-Large seat and one Elite Athlete seat are being contested.
1. Read the candidates' statements.
2. Log into your account at usaultimate.org.
3. Click on the "voting" button.
4. Encourage your friends to exercise their right to vote.
Voting will open at 9 p.m. ET tonight (Mon., Oct. 31) and close this Friday, Nov. 4, at 7 p.m. ET.
• The candidates will be holding an AMA on the ultimate sub-Reddit, reddit.com/r/ultimate, tonight - Monday, Oct. 31 - from 9-11 p.m. ET, to answer your questions. You can submit your questions for the board candidates now.
• Three new club athletes, as well as one one re-elected athlete, were named to the Club Division Athletes' Council after a vote amongst club teams that participated in the 2016 Triple Crown Tour Postseason Championship Series. In all, six athletes serve on the council, which is part of the Club Working Group.
Check out the USA Ultimate mobile app!
The app is available for free for both iOS and Android.
The initial launch of the app allows you to follow events, keep up with news, watch videos, check rules and read the USA Ultimate magazine.
Is there something you'd like to see here in future weeks? Let us know at #usauweekly.
Would you like to see USA Ultimate Weekly in your inbox?
Have any questions or comments? We welcome community feedback and discussion made in a respectful manner. Please refrain from profanity or personal attacks, as such public comments negatively reflect on our sport and community.