USA Ultimate Weekly (October 27, 2016)
Posted: October 27, 2016 03:31 PM
Welcome to USA Ultimate Weekly, where we'll provide you with brief, weekly updates on happenings at USA Ultimate!
October 27, 2016:
• Meet the candidates running for the 2017 USA Ultimate Board of Directors. Voting will run next week - Mon., Oct. 31, at 7 p.m. MT to Friday, Nov. 4, at 5 p.m. MT.
One At-Large seat and one Elite Athlete seat are being contested. The candidates will be holding an AMA on the ultimate sub-Reddit, reddit.com/r/ultimate, Monday night from 7-9 p.m. MT, to answer your questions.
• Ultimate is included in the sports that will be contested at the first World Beach Games, set to be held in 2019. The World Beach Games are hosted by the Assocation of National Olympic Committees, making it ultimate's first Olympic event.
• Youth ultimate made it to #4 on the SportsCenter Top 10 last week. Nice work, Nathan Hale High School (Seattle)!
• We're looking for some great volunteers to help round out our College Coordinator positions. Check out the open positions here: usaultimate.org/about/contact_us/college_division.aspx.
• Fulcrum Media Group is releasing some great content from their coverage at the 2016 National Championships. Check it all out on their Facebook page.
Check out the USA Ultimate mobile app!
The app is available for free for both iOS and Android.
The initial launch of the app allows you to follow events, keep up with news, watch videos, check rules and read the USA Ultimate magazine.
Is there something you'd like to see here in future weeks? Let us know at #usauweekly.
Would you like to see USA Ultimate Weekly in your inbox?
Have any questions or comments? We welcome community feedback and discussion made in a respectful manner. Please refrain from profanity or personal attacks, as such public comments negatively reflect on our sport and community.