USA Ultimate Weekly (November 7, 2016)
Posted: November 7, 2016 04:17 PM
Welcome to USA Ultimate Weekly, where we'll provide you with brief, weekly updates on happenings at USA Ultimate!
November 7, 2016:
• DeAnna Ball and Heather Ann Brauer will join the 2017 USA Ultimate Board of Directors. Ball was re-elected to her At-Large seat, while Brauer won the available Elite Athlete seat.
• Twenty finalists for up to 10 spots in the 2016 Hall of Fame class were announced last week. The Hall of Fame voters are now asking for input from the community. Feedback about the finalists will be accepted through Wed., Nov. 16.
• The inaugural USA Ultimate Coaching Symposium was held this past weekend. Fifteen of our sport's best coaches gathered in Colorado Springs for a series of learning opportunities, discussions and team-building activities.
• Alex Ghesquiere and Matty Tsang will return to the helm of the U.S. World Games team in 2017 to try and defend their gold medal from the 2013 World Games.
• Dates for the 2017 Triple Crown Tour's premier events were announced last week. Anyone interested in hosting one of the events should submit a bid through the bid application process.
• Player applications for the 2018 U-24 National Teams should be available next week.
Check out the USA Ultimate mobile app!
The app is available for free for both iOS and Android.
The initial launch of the app allows you to follow events, keep up with news, watch videos, check rules and read the USA Ultimate magazine.
Is there something you'd like to see here in future weeks? Let us know at #usauweekly.
Would you like to see USA Ultimate Weekly in your inbox?
Have any questions or comments? We welcome community feedback and discussion made in a respectful manner. Please refrain from profanity or personal attacks, as such public comments negatively reflect on our sport and community.