USA Ultimate Weekly (January 9, 2017)
Posted: January 9, 2017 04:58 PM
Welcome to USA Ultimate Weekly, where we'll provide you with brief, weekly updates on happenings at USA Ultimate!
January 9, 2017:
• The 2016 U.S. Mixed National Team is up for the International World Games Association's Athlete or Team of the Year Award! You can vote once per day through the end of January.
Support your national teams, and vote daily!
• The 2017 Beach Division guidelines are now available.
• Phase one applications are being accepted for Beach Westerns and the Beach Championships. Beach Westerns applications are due February 17. Beach Championships applications are due March 3.
• Bryan Jones, Eileen Murray and Mike Whitaker were selected to help lead the men's, mixed and women's U.S. National Teams, respectively, on their quests for gold at the World Championships of Beach Ultimate this summer.
• When you purchase your 2017 USA Ultimate membership in January, you can get a 2016 Signature Series disc, by adding a donation of $30 or more to the Ultimate Foundation and supporting programs like the Girls' Ultimate Movement and Play it Forward.
This year's disc design was inspired by the D-I and D-III College Championships held in North Carolina and our support for the LGBT community.
Check out the USA Ultimate mobile app!
The app is available for free for both iOS and Android.
The app allows you to follow events, update scores, keep up with news, watch videos, check rules and read the USA Ultimate magazine.
• ICYMI: Most recent USA Ultimate Weekly
Is there something you'd like to see here in future weeks? Let us know at #usauweekly.
Would you like to see USA Ultimate Weekly in your inbox?
Have any questions or comments? We welcome community feedback and discussion made in a respectful manner. Please refrain from profanity or personal attacks, as such public comments negatively reflect on our sport and community.