USA Ultimate Weekly (February 6, 2017)
Posted: February 6, 2017 04:28 PM
Welcome to USA Ultimate Weekly, where we'll provide you with brief, weekly updates on happenings at USA Ultimate!
February 6, 2017:
Get ready! It has been a busy week...
• U-24 National Team tryout invitations were announced last week.
• The 2017 National Championships are headed to Sarasota. The 2018 and 2019 National Championships will take place in San Diego.
• Check out the full schedule, with dates and locations, for this year's Triple Crown Tour.
• The new College Women's Startup Project is designed to provide new college teams with some of the resources needed most to get their programs up and running.
• The 2018 College Championships are headed to familiar territory: D-I to Milwaukee, D-III to Rockford.
• Exciting new upgrades to the Coaching Development Program were announced last week, to be implemented over the next two years.
• Six college regular-season events took place this weekend. North Carolina (M) and Tufts (W) took home tournament titles from the Queen City Tune Up. UCLA, Virginia, LSU and Texas Tech got wins in the men's division, while LSU and Chico State took home the remaining women's division titles.
• Applications for the open Manager of Competition and Athlete Programs - Youth position are due Feb. 15.
• Time is winding down to get your phase one applications in for Beach Westerns. Get them in by Feb. 17.
Check out the USA Ultimate mobile app!
The app is available for free for both iOS and Android.
The app allows you to follow events, update scores, keep up with news, watch videos, check rules and read the USA Ultimate magazine.
• ICYMI: Most recent USA Ultimate Weekly
Is there something you'd like to see here in future weeks? Let us know at #usauweekly.
Would you like to see USA Ultimate Weekly in your inbox?
Have any questions or comments? We welcome community feedback and discussion made in a respectful manner. Please refrain from profanity or personal attacks, as such public comments negatively reflect on our sport and community.