USA Ultimate Weekly (December 5, 2016)
Posted: December 5, 2016 04:43 PM
Welcome to USA Ultimate Weekly, where we'll provide you with brief, weekly updates on happenings at USA Ultimate!
December 5, 2016:
• The Competition Working Group was in Denver this weekend for their annual meeting. Summaries from each smaller group will be posted on our website over the next couple weeks: youth competition, college, club, beach and outreach.
• 2017 memberships are now available!
Memberships also make great gifts - you can purchase a membership gift certificate online or by phone.
• And don't forget that you can get a 2016 Signature Series disc with a donation of $30 or more to The Ultimate Foundation - an easy addition when purchasing your 2017 membership.
• Less than a week remains to apply for the 2018 Under-24 National Teams. Applications close this Sunday, Dec. 11.
• The Masters Championships are set to return to Aurora, Colo., July 21-23, 2017.
• Throughout the month of December on the Girls' Ultimate Movement Facebook page, we're highlighting some of the great GUM clinics held around the country this year.
• We're excited to add Chuck Gargaly to the youth volunteer staff as the new National Outreach Director.
• The Buzz Bullets and UNO - Japan's top men's and women's teams, respectively - have been confirmed as the first two international participants for the 2017 U.S. Open Championships.
Check out the USA Ultimate mobile app!
The app is available for free for both iOS and Android.
The initial launch of the app allows you to follow events, keep up with news, watch videos, check rules and read the USA Ultimate magazine.
• ICYMI: Last week's USA Ultimate Weekly
Is there something you'd like to see here in future weeks? Let us know at #usauweekly.
Would you like to see USA Ultimate Weekly in your inbox?
Have any questions or comments? We welcome community feedback and discussion made in a respectful manner. Please refrain from profanity or personal attacks, as such public comments negatively reflect on our sport and community.