USA Ultimate 2015 WCBU Team Managers Named
Posted: July 11, 2014 12:59 PM
Boulder, Colo. (July 11, 2014)—USA Ultimate announced today the 14 team managers who will oversee the selection of the seven U.S. squads that will compete in the 2015 WFDF World Championships of Beach Ultimate, March 8-13 in Dubai.
USA Ultimate will enter a team in each of the seven divisions, including Open, Women’s, Mixed, Open Master, Mixed Master, Women’s Master, and Grandmaster.
Earlier this year, more than 500 athletes applied for consideration to represent the United States in the quadrennial event, more than doubling the amount of 2011 applicants.
Team managers for the U.S. National Team at the 2015 WFDF World Championships of Beach Ultimate include:
- Open Division: Brett Matzuka, Mario O’Brien
- Women’s Division: Sally Mimms, Rohre Titcomb
- Mixed Division: Greg Marliave, An-Chi Tsou
- Open Masters Division: Sean McCall, Ricky Eikstadt
- Women’s Masters Division: Kate Kingery, Tracy Woo
- Mixed Masters Division: Kimberly Beach, Trey Katzenbach
- Grandmasters Division: Adam Goff, Jon Meade
Team managers will select teams and present them to a five-person selection committee for final approval later this month with a final team announcement occurring shortly thereafter. The selection committee is comprised of Steve Dugan, Byron Hicks, Dave Klink, Anna Schott and Ben Slade.
Have any questions or comments? We welcome community feedback and discussion made in a respectful manner. Please refrain from profanity or personal attacks, as such public comments negatively reflect on our sport and community.