2013 U.S. Open Convention to Welcome Ultimate Enthusiasts from Around the World
Posted: June 20, 2013 03:52 PM
Boulder, Colo. (June 20, 2013) – The 2013 USA Ultimate U.S. Open Championships and Convention are around the corner. Co-hosted by USA Ultimate and the Triangle Flying Disc Association, the U.S. Open will take place July 4-7 in Raleigh, N.C., home to one of the east coast’s largest ultimate communities.
The U.S. Open Convention is a convergence of ultimate enthusiasts from around the world that provides an unparalleled opportunity to learn from and interact with the sport’s best and brightest. It serves as a networking and educational opportunity for people involved in all aspects of ultimate, from athletes and coaches to national federation leaders, event organizers and ultimate association representatives.
Now in its second iteration, this year’s U.S. Open Convention is packed with great sessions to be held by knowledgeable and dynamic speakers. Convention participants can choose to attend a number of sessions catered to their specific interests and needs. Three separate course tracks are geared toward coaches, organizers and athletes. Participants can even attain their Level One Coaching Certification; international participants can license the program for use in their country.
- Show Me the Money: Impacts of the Emerging Ultimate Market on the Culture and Evolution of the Sport – a panel discussion with Kenny Dobyns, Ben Van Huevelen, Tina Woodings and Gwen Ambler
- Trifecta of Success: Building a Youth Ultimate Empire – led by Dr. Lindsey Hack and Dr. Heather Ann Brauer
- Running an Effective Practice – led by Dan Raabe
- Sustainable Belief: Developing Your College Program – led by Andrew Roca
- Reducing ACL Injuries and Increasing On-Field Performance – led by Tim Morrill
- Recognition by the Olympic Committee: The Future of Ultimate and Flying Disc Sports – a keynote address from WFDF President Robert Nauch and USA Ultimate CEO Dr. Tom Crawford
- And many more!
A detailed convention schedule can be found at usaultimate.org/usopen/convention.aspx.
The Raleigh Marriott City Center is the hub for tournament and convention sessions. Free shuttle buses to and from tournament competition at the WRAL Soccer Center will leave from the Marriott, and Raleigh’s Fourth of July Festivities are just steps away.
Convention registration is still open! The registration form is available on the USA Ultimate website. Return completed registrations via mail, email or fax. Pricing and contact information are included on the form.
For more information on the U.S. Open or the Triple Crown Tour, visit usaultimate.org/usopen. You can also find information and receive updates on the U.S. Open Facebook event and Twitter account, @usopenultimate.
Have any questions or comments? We welcome community feedback and discussion made in a respectful manner. Please refrain from profanity or personal attacks, as such public comments negatively reflect on our sport and community.