Would you like to learn more about USA Ultimate and how to help develop Ultimate in your community? Below you can read about a number of ways to get involved or contact email@example.com for questions about additional opportunities.
USA Ultimate Employment
There are no HQ positions open at this time.
USA Ultimate Headquarters is based in Boulder, CO.
Youth and college teams nationwide are searching for coaches to help take them to the next level. They need parents, former and current players and those simply interested in supporting players in a team environment to fill this role. There are a number of things you can do to get involved as a coach.
Find out How to Become a USA Ultimate Coach
Participate in the USAU Coaching Development Program to learn the skills and techniques fundamental to coaching Ultimate teams of all levels;
View the "Coaches Wanted" Listing;
Help start a team at your local middle school, high school, university or your own child's school;
Local organizations are often in need of coaches to assist, chaperone, mentor and guide youth teams in the local leagues;
Working with existing coaches as an assistant coach provides a supportive environment for learning and allows coachs to shares in the responsibilities;
Contact USAU for additional suggestions on where to look for coaching opportunities.
Are you interested in the rules of the game? Would you enjoy the fast-paced job of following a game down on the field, watching every play, while moving along with the players? In addition to arbitrating on disputed calls and handling conduct issues, observers assist with keeping time, keeping score, serving as an adult "supervisor" at youth games, acting as an official source for reporting information to/from a game, and helping inform players about how the game is expected to be played. With the tremendous growth our sport is experiencing, more and more observers are needed. Become a certified observer today!
Attend an Observer Training Clinic and become a certified observer;
Become an Instructional Observer. These game officials serve in a distinct (and somewhat reduced) role, compared with standard Observers, and focus primarily on providing instructional information about the game, helping players learn to self-officiate, and monitoring logistical and other factors necessary to facilitate game play.
Contact Byron@hq.usaultimate.org for more information.
Current Volunteer Openings
USA Ultimate Archives:
Sports Marketing and Communications Internships
USA Ultimate recently started an internship program at their national headquarters.
• Preference will be given to candidates working towards a degree in communications, journalism, electronic publishing/Web site design, marketing/business or sports administration.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills, experience with electronic publishing and website maintenance is a plus.
• Knowledge of Ultimate, or playing experience, is beneficial but not required.
• Assistance with day-to-day maintenance and updating of Web site.
• Helping to facilitate media and public relations efforts, corporate marketing initiatives.
• Editorial assistance with USA Ultimate Magazine.
• Administrative responsibilities, research, archiving and other duties as assigned by Director - Marketing and Communications
• Please send a resume, professional references and two work samples via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or postal mail to:
4370 Table Mesa Drive, Suite I-200C
Boulder, CO 80305